FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF has improved, but still not won me back (feedback over across several flights)
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:00 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Were you flying Economy?
Both economy and business (about half and half; ten returns in total over the period, all within Europe except one connection to long haul on OS in J, all 10 included connections).

Re-luggage made to be checked, I did mention my laptop every time (because I was worried about it) and was merely told to take it out when they would insist on the checking. Again, Y or C made no difference except once when the moment I showed the C boarding pass the guy left me immediately alone, but that was actually in CPH not in ZRH. About the procedure, on most cases (all my avro departures except one were from the ground floor gates) one of the two gate agents manning the gate would walk and unilaterally point to bags to be checked. In fairness, all flights were full but I still don't think it justifies it, and clearly the partner *A gold has no value at all. I should add that in some outstations such as NCE, LH explicitly refuses contract lounge access to *A G members, only to their own (no problem with LX there though).

I agree on leniency on Skypriority, but personally don't agree on catering. I find the ZRH food very repetitive and simply not very good, and the drinks selection (including wines) rather poor (especially considering the remarkable Swiss wine production). I used to like their Nespresso machine but it seems to have disappeared from lounges A at least. LH lounge food, again, not really to my taste. To me the very clear winners lounge-wise are indeed OW, especially QF and then CX and BA.

Last 'unpleasant' experience I had on LX was on one of the Y flights where I refused the dreadful muffin and asked for a glass of apple juice and one of sparkling water and was answered that it is 'only one drink per person' but I guess that sort of stupid reaction can happen on any airline.