FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would you fly kingfisher now to burn some miles?
Old Aug 8, 2012, 5:11 am
Wildboar

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
Originally Posted by indomitable
hello people, i have been a silent reader of the airlines of india forum for quite some time and this one is my first post. I haven't taken a kingfisher flight(almost more than a year now!!) mostly because of the news that they were unable to maintain their schedules. I have a trip coming up and was contemplating taking a BOM-DEL morning flight next week. I would need the opinions of the experienced FT'ians if you think i won't end up paying last minute fare on another flight due to IT cancellations. I was thinking of taking a kingfisher flight just because i haven't taken a kingfisher flight for such a long time (and they used to be such a good airline before!!) ...No definite cost advantage...

P.S: By burning miles i mean the miles on the Citi card.
Welcome to FT Indomitable!!

I dont have the numbers with me but i understanding is that IT is currently operating 95%+ of its scheduled flights. There were some issues last month of pilots not showing up but i think that has been sorted out for the time being. If i were to get a good fare on IT i personally would take it.

However, you mentioned that you plan to use the Premier Miles. In which case i am curious why would you want to fly IT because for lower number of miles you can fly Indigo? I personally would fly in order of preference Indigo/Jet Konnect-S2/Jet/Spicejet/AI/KF if i have to use my premier miles simply because the lower miles offset the potential miles i would earn on jet/AI when using a premier miles award ticket.