FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - .043 cpm from IAH: First mileage run - thoughts?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 6:19 pm
EmailKid
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
I'm a little confused

You state you are looking for Segments, yet post your cost in c/m. $54.57 to be exact Though these days, and especially out of a hub that's a darn good price ^

Now I appreciate how hard it is at IAH (flew from there for 15 years), but I will repeat advice others posted earlier: look closer to home.

IAH-AUS is $103 for many dates for same day turn. So unless you want to see SJU (I'm flying there for first time for a few days next month) and suffer on US (I hated flying US east coast routes, some of the surliest FAs ever), I'd do 4 r/t and not waste time on long segments. But that's just me (since you're shooting for Gold I assume you're silver already and assume your bennies haven't been watered down to reduce the 500 mile minimums).

Tue., Aug. 28, 2012 is the first date I see, and there are quite a few dates on Saturdays as well. I used CO's My Dates Are Flexible - dammit, need to remember it's United.com now

EmailKid