FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in South America: LAN's horrible service PART 2 (and Expedia's poor response)
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:35 pm
CapFig

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum); Mileage Plus (Former Premier Gold)
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Not sure why you are concerned about Expedia, nor why LAN re-ticketing is considered bad service, but I would wonder that by flying a separate tix MVD-SCL what will happen to your original SCL-JFK segment?
Point number 1 well taken. I am no longer concerned about Expedia.

Re-ticketing AND attempting to charge $1,100 for said re-ticketing is absurd when LAN could simply choose to honor the SCL-JFK part of the ticket. I completely understand an airline cancelling a ticket when the px did not fly the first segment because he is trying to game the system. However, in my case I won't fly the first segment because it will be physically impossible. Under those circumstances it is unconscionable for LAN to try to make extra money out of the situation.

Most importantly, I wonder what will happen to my original SCL-JFK segment. An email from an Expedia supervisor suggests it will be OK. Here is the quote:

"We were informed by LAN Airlines agent Manuel that you can get the refund of your flight from Montevideo (MVD) to Santiago (SCL) and you can still take your flight from Santiago (SCL) to New York (JFK) with LAN Flight: 532. All the rest of your flight are confirmed according to LAN Airlines . "

I will keep my fingers crossed.