FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lack of follow-through on CS response
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:51 pm
aviatorzz

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
I would be making a phone call as opposed to sending an email, since IME email systems aren't even close to making anything happen.

The reason why I say that is that I had two very different things happen both of which email did not fix. The first was a refund on a ticket, which I followed the direction of the 24 hour guarantee. Two emails and zero success later, I called and it was fixed and refunded within 72 hours.

The second was when I was trying to do a status match this past March. I quite honestly did not realize that the two res systems were being merged and quite the debacle happened over here. Out of sight, out of mind eh? Anyways after a month and a half, I received an email from Customer Care asking if everything went alright with the status match. The problem was UAL never matched me over and I forgot about it as my job changed focus and with it, travel went down for the summer.

But since travel resurfaced, I looked to status match again and I called this time and they had everything taken care of within the hour of me calling them.