FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAS TSO confiscates Cupcake by claiming its frosting is a "gel"
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:52 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Cupcake story part two: the cupcake itself

Yesterday, we found ourselves driving to Cohasset, MA, to take our kids to a birthday party at a play gym. As we pulled up to the shopping center where the gym was located, I saw a place called "Wicked Good Cupcakes." The name rang a bell and, sure enough, a google search revealed that this was the infamous cupcake store.

Unfortunately, the store was closed, so we couldn't chat with the proprietor to find out exactly how much free publicity they got (or point them to this thread), but the gym served their cupcakes. Even a day old, the verdict is: Best. Cupcake. Ever.

Anyone who has ever met me will tell you that I am a cupcake expert (and, unfortunately, have the girth to prove it), so I'm confident in my opinion. No jars, but I did have a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Messy and gooey, although not really gel-like. Personally, I no longer blame the TSO for confiscating the cupcake.

Bottom line: If you find yourself in Cohasset or neighboring Hingham, it's an easy trip down Route 3A. The store is closed on Sundays.

Mike