FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in South America: LAN's horrible service PART 2 (and Expedia's poor response)
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:47 pm
bingocallerb22

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Bad LAN service? No. Bad Expedia service. They sold you the ticket. They sold you a ticket that had a Pluna segment. Pluna went under. Expedia needs to make you whole. Has nothing to do with Lan so far.

LAN is willing to sell you Expedia / you a ticket at the going price. You think LAN should bend somehow? The idea that LAN somehow is responsible for Pluna bankrupt ticket escapes me. If I was LAN I'd be thinking, you bought a ticket with a Pluna segment that we fly. You took your chances. You could have bought that segment from us in the first place. We do not plan on going bankrupt anytime soon, especially by covering off the problems caused by a competitor.

Expedia needs to chase Pluna and/or use their slush fund and/or insurance to make you whole. Not LAN.

I know I am going against the grain here. Since I have no dog in this fight, please feel free to ignore.

Afterthought: Oh, and the fact they accommodated last time (and not this time) might because you had already begun your adventure last time and hence the rules are different.

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Aug 6, 2012 at 3:40 pm Reason: afterthought