FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's the most annoying EK passenger you have seen?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:26 am
Travel Quest

DXB Crew

Not much with passengers, more annoyed with crew/check-in agents.

Specially in DXB.

1)A valid Visa is in my passport , multiple entry, for UK/Schengen, yet I have to wait for 10-15 minutes till they call a Senior for Visa check. Can't they read the documents written in simple English on their own?

2)I have dxb residence. I am asked by check-in agents about my visa , mainly sectors DXB-Gulf countries, and agent already knows I get it on arrival using their tools!! Sometimes I also had to wait 10-15 minutes for the Senior to do a visa check. In some cases, I am not allowed to board because I have no visa (happened with EK and FlyDubai). I then simply fly with the national carrier of the country, no questions asked and I get my visa in the airport. Unfortunately, there is no way to hold agents accountable for their actions, if they say you do not get visa on arrival (just to be on the safe side), that's it, you lose your flight, they don't give you written confirmation and you have no rights!

3) As many of you may already know, Dxb residence becomes invalid if you leave the country for more than six months. Sometimes I am asked, on the sector back to DXB, when I last left Dubai and I say "one week " or "two weeks". I get further questioned "where is the exit stamp" and I tell them that I use Electronic Gate. Then, I am asked to show them this E-gate card (I wonder what benefit does this bring to show the card).
At the end of the day, My outbound trip DXB-Wherver was taken on EK, with your airline, a few days or weeks back . You have all the details. It's the same Ticket !!!

All this adds more disappointment and frustration for me as a customer (Ex-Silver)

Last edited by Travel Quest; Aug 6, 2012 at 11:24 am