FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:01 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dingo
I'll be interested in the reply, but I know the answer is "no"; they cannot do that or are not supposed to.

A second question I would have on this specifically is: what should be done by the guest if this is encountered? Deal with it after the stay? At the front desk?
What I did do was to tell them very firmly that Starwood has not changed the program in this way and that Plats are still entitled to be upgraded to standard suites that are available upon check in. I showed them the page with Plat benefits on the purple SPG brochure from their own lobby. The asked me to take a seat while they called Starwood. I said I was then going to call Starwood too and I called Plat Concierge. I also went to the lobby business center, did a dummy reservation, and printed the pages showing that a suite or suites (the one type at the property) were showing as available for my two-night stay.