FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:49 am
dingo

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
No, that's not my question.

I arrived at hotel with a reservation made on spg.com. Front desk admitted that a standard suite was available (and not preassigned to anyone), clean, in service, etc. They tried to tell me that Starwood has changed the program and that their suites are only for people using upgrade certs and are not to be given as regular SPG Platinum upgrades any more. So the question is whether the hotel can do this--that is, have a single suite category and make it available for SNAs but refuse to give it as an upgrade to Plats not using SNAs. In the past, I have gotten these suites as a Plat upgrade without any problem, IIRC less than a year ago, and the suites have not been changed in any way since them.
I'll be interested in the reply, but I know the answer is "no"; they cannot do that or are not supposed to.

A second question I would have on this specifically is: what should be done by the guest if this is encountered? Deal with it after the stay? At the front desk?