FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread
Old Aug 5, 2012, 11:36 pm
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tentseller
Make sure your air temperature setting is within the safe range.
If 'close to 375F' is something you wish to avoid this is pretty easy with the air fryer. 375F is 190C. Highest temperature setting on the Airfryer is 200C and it cools significantly every time you open the door (something you do constantly to shake chips/fries when making them).

Here's a link to a photo I took of a portion of fat free crispy, crunchy (but light & fluffy on the inside) polenta batons with some of that baba ghanoush.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/84333542@N07/7723125020/

Made some more batons yesterday and added a chopped jalapeņo to the polenta. For an accompanying salsa I grated a few large tomatoes, added a little salt and left the pulp to drain in a sieve whilst I roasted some garlic and some of those long thin slightly hot Turkish peppers (took ten minutes) in the Airfryer I had warmed up for the corn 'chips'. Peeled the peppers and garlic, chopped them and added to the drained tomato along with a little olive oil (optional).

This week I'm going to make an enormous batch of polenta, pour it into baking trays to cool and set then slice the lot into batons/chips and pop them into bags for the freezer. If you have an Airfryer and haven't given polenta a shot, I'd really urge you to give it a try.

Last edited by LapLap; Aug 5, 2012 at 11:43 pm