FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5 fascinating facts about the new UA
View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:08 pm
Indelaware

Originally Posted by tuolumne
How dense are you? Can you not see how others taller than 5"5' and use a laptop could find the product a godsend?
Sounds to me like selfishness on your part - wishing for it to be removed? And are you serious - feeling weird with too much room, so you flew another carrier? one of the most ridiculous things I've read on FT, ever.
Please, no need to call people names. i am not dense and hardly selfish. If E+ was eliminated seating space throughout the plane could be equalized. A bit more for those currently in standard E and a bit less for those in E+ thus being more fair for everyone. Likewise, it might also permit a tad more customers aboard which would both allow for decreased fares (greater supply of seats) increased fuel efficency (more profit for airline) better usage of limited natural resources, and decreased per passenger polution (a plus for everyone).

Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Well at 6'5" tall I love E+

And having the experience of feeling "funny" about having so much space for my knees? Not ever going to happen
I am glad that you feel comfortable. It was not the space that was funny feeling, it was the inequality of it. I feel sorry for ther 6'5" person in the rear. Don't you? Why should one 6'5" person have more space than another? Because s/he flies more or has more money? That's just not right.

Originally Posted by ianmanka
Why even fly CO, then? NK would have been perfect -- less room between seats, many that don't recline, and you'd be able to feel superior as the rest of the suckers on the flight pay fees for carry-ons and other services before and during your flight.

I'd have to agree with some other posters -- feeling "funny" for having so much space for your knees is by far the most absurd thing I've ever read on FT. But that could just be my six-foot-tall body recoiling in disbelief.
NK does not fly to the desinations that I do. And there are plenty of other reasons I preferred PMCO to PMUA -- friendly staff, their hubs (EWR over IAD; CLE over ORD; though DEN is better than IAH), a personal better experience with IRROPS on PMCO than on PMUA, meals in economy (until SMI/J), easier to use website than .bomb. But now there is no more PMCO nor PMUA, only UA so we all must adopt.