FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comprehensive Companion CPU Questions [ARCHIVE]
Old Aug 5, 2012, 10:03 am
Joshua

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by flavorflav
To avoid any accidental or unwitting auto-split of a PNR on a return trip, I now book all my trips as separate one-ways. Makes no difference in price (I travel 99 percent domestically) and removes the chance for many of the headaches others have written about here.
One benefit of this is you can "earn" $5 in your TravelBank for each one-way trip if you join the united.com club.

Not that it's done me any good, since I booked a ticket with $50 in my TravelBank; United charged my credit card for the $50 a week later and, half a year later, has yet to give me my TravelBank funds back.

Yet another companion trip; myself 1K, Mrs Joshua a Gold, and no upgrade cleared. Bargain F inventory is 5 seats out of a 20 seat cabin. Called up to the split the record, as usual. We'll probably both clear independently.

I'd be less aggravated about this if we still got an RPU every 10k flown miles, but RPUs are pretty precious nowadays.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Aug 5, 2012 at 10:26 am Reason: merge