FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:29 pm
Flews

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is it true that Suite Night Awards are based on standard suites only? More precisely, if a hotel is offering its only type of suite for a Suite Night Award, does this then mean that that suite type is a standard suite (and thus should be given as a Plat upgrade if available at check in)? I'm thinking of a suite that is just labeled as "Suite" with a specification of bedding in the room categories, definitely not a specialty suite of any sort. Can such an ordinary "Suite" be offered for SNAs but excluded from Plat upgrades, which would imply that the hotel does not upgrade Plats to any type of suite (not even junior suites) without the use of SNAs?
I'll let the Lurker answer your question, largely because I am not sure I understand it. What I do know is more often than not I am able to select between multiple types and classes of suites for the SNA option. Which one is their select standard suite that may be available to us Plats, I usually have no idea.

Cheers,