FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] TSA Pre-Check / PreCheck Known Traveler program for AA FFs
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:47 am
sbrower
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Material response

Hopefully this response will be helpful to others.

I just went through ORD. There was a particularly competent self-check agent (she was helping not just the baggage passengers but others - she was one of the "good" people who was moving as fast as she could to help multiple people - the "good" agents who still exist).

As she tagged my luggage she asked "are you pre-check?" I said "Yes, but it haven't been getting lucky lately." She then spent 10 minutes looking into it and fixing(?) it? She examined my record and saw an anamoly, which is that my Global Entry number was "xxxxxxxx" (literally). She went into detailed formats and fixed it (twice) because it didn't stick the first time. She submitted my record to DHS and got the confirmation. She reprinted my boarding pass. IT WORKED (for the first time since I got Global Entry - I was 100% on Pre-Check *before* I got Global Entry).

She also said that she will call the coordinator at headquarters who "is amazing with these problems, but she only works M-F and it is Saturday, so I will make a note and call her" (I have her name).