FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Air Fryer - Experiences, Questions, Recipes" thread
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:37 am
uk1
Suspended

Funilly enough .... as the thread starter all that time ago ... I cannot emphasise how underated this Philips Airfryer is both by users and the manufacturer.

Having really perfected deep fat fried chips (french fries .....) ... after bags of research and experiements, I use to use an industrial Lincat professional double fryer to really get perfect chips and now the Airfryer makes far superior fries than possible with the deep fat route. Altthough with my method they aren't particularly healthy. In fact they are either chips or roast potaots or sort of rosti depending on the shape I use.

My approach is to use small maris piper potatos cut them length ways then width ways to make small quarters. This shape aids shaking. I boil them for a few minutes then let them evaoprate and cool. I drench them in virgin olive oil (taday I'm using chilli oil) and then they airfry at around 180 for around half an hour. I shake them bake into a bowl tand add more oil if dryp and cook until they are crisp outside and dry and fluffy inside but better than the if you were using the Heston torture method ..... and they taste of olive oil rather than sunflower.

The Philips means that once cooked you hold them on low heat until your rib-eye steak has reached 110 degrees for it's little rest. This means that both fries and steak are always perfect.

I genuinely have not tasted fries as good as those from my Philips anywhere I have ever eaten. Dry, caramelside ouside, fluffy inside with olive oil flavour, and you cannot deep fry with olive oil.

And then theres shock-warming croissants ... bagels .... and cooking sausages from scratch etc. I use it every day ... and have two side by side as they are both used so much. I use it for so many things it was never intended for.

One of my favourite kitchen tools. Sorryabout the typos bu the steaks are on the lava .....

Last edited by uk1; Aug 4, 2012 at 6:45 am