FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $110 Companion Ticket Valid for COACH class only - Effective August 1st, 2012
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:00 pm
Seattlenerd

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

It is however another 'chip' of a progression of modifications over the past two years. Other examples were the BR membership access reduction- yes it was a smaller subset as not everyone had a membership. But many chose to not renew or move to another product due to access restrictions.
True. I definitely don't dispute the power of the additive value of all of an airline's "products" taken as a whole, especially on the fans who have an emotional bond and want to become closer to the brand by having it all. (Great. Now I'm talking like a marketer. But that is how it works.)

Those folks will most likely be most negatively affected by any change to any one of the family of products, and have a perception that proportionally is more negative than that of less fan-like customers. I mean, that's why we're here on FT, right? Fans and intense users?

I've mentioned my biggest beef is the poor customer service of AS' chosen credit card partner, now highlighted here:
http://www.geekwire.com/2012/banks-behaving-badly/

And I suppose that, too, indirectly reflects poorly on AS, but not as poorly as it does on Bank of America.