FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:22 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RoninTech
We are arriving from YYC at 21:07 via united to Terminal 3. Originally SQ1 left at 00:05, now it's leaving at 22:50. I think we have to be at the gate 40 mins before takeoff so that gives us an hour and 3 mins. to get from T3 to the international terminal. Are there regs. specifying a minimum time that is more than this? I don't recall it taking us long in the past. If there are, we will have to change to the earlier YYC flight that arrives in SFO at 15:21 and slum it in the F lounges.
Since we booked this through Aeroplan I doubt that SQ can do anything about changing flights?
Thanks!
Even though a 1:43 minute connection is probably "legal", that is too risky, IMO.
I would absolutely change your inbound even if you have to pay a change fee. The stars have to align for you to comfortably make that flight. We're talking SFO here and even if the weather cooperates, you're assuming that your YYC-SFO plane will have had a flawless on time operational day. You want to relax and enjoy the entire experience. Change the inbound flight.