FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:00 am
Lisa40403

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
I always understood the rule to be like this: only ONE claim for ONE hotel in a 30-day-period, this in order to avoid people splitting up longer stays into several one-night reservations.

I did not know it was ONE claim for the entire IHG group. And I have to say, that I do have a trip coming up with three approved claims in one month.
I have issues with IHG concerning this. I never fully checked the T&C, also got two confirmed free nights in one month. These claims were accepted almost 8 months ago. Today, I filed for another claim. It was approved, but in a separate email I was informed that they realized that they made a mistake by accepting the second free night in one month.

They also told me that the free night was forfeited!

I find this quite strange. They forgot to properly check when I made the claim (I booked both with same name, address and my Priority Club number on file, so did not try to hide anything), now realized this after more than half a year and now simply tell me that the free night is voided.

Should I accept this?