FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling beyond your means on miles and points
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:25 pm
Apieinthesky

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Start here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...ey-appear.html

Read the first post on the first page first (it contains the working links and a lot of basic information about applying for the offers), then read the last few pages (for the latest info, which often includes repeats of answers to frequent asked questions ), and then ask there if you still have questions.
Thanks, but a bit late. Applied for, and got approved for both personal cards I'm going to have to recruit my parents to meet the minimum spend on these though. Excited for those 100k miles though!

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
So if Apieinthesky can do all this at his age there is at least hope for his generation. My point is - take note you late teens and twenty somethings who say you cannot get cards to fly free - it can indeed be done. But more than above average brains are required - like Key West, you have to have a strong will to secede.

And move fast Apieinthesky, as soon ADK, Jr. will be unleased upon the banks and airlines of this world. He's had a card since first grade and has a history with AMEX. If he follows in his father's flip flops, with his size 13 feet, the inventory of free tickets will soon be trampled.

PM me if ya wanna kick your volume up another level. We are always recruiting potential new members at The TCC and it is far easier to bag your first hundred countries when you are young. Have a feeling you will go far, kid.
If he tramples over my Sperry's, I will be very upset and will trample all over his flip flops, which I bet will hurt more. A hundred countries, huh. I'm a fifth of the way there. One disadvantage of being young is that you don't remember everything. I barely have any recollection of my trip to Australia when I was four (I have family in Sydney). I love traveling, and obviously much of what I've done so far has been financed by my parents. I've just gotten to the point where I can afford my own trips though. What is the TCC? Your offer sounds intriguing.