FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do in Orlando area other than WDW and KSC?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:24 pm
cwerdna

What to do in Orlando area other than WDW and KSC?

I'm contemplating going to the Orlando area for possibly 3 of the limited time tours at http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/ksc-tours.aspx. I'm a 37 year old single guy. Trip is in the air but I'll either go by myself or my mother or parents might come along. I don't know yet. I'd probably be going this month or in September.

Why not WDW? Went to it MANY years ago, before the Animal Kingdom was built. If I go by myself, I probably wouldn't go. I've been to Disneyland (in CA) numerous times and So Cal's Universal Studios a few times.

I have been to KSC before and liked it. It was well before the above limited time tours existed. It was on the same trip that I went to WDW.

I'm not interested in Seaworld, zoos nor outlet shopping.

Anything else that's a must see? If it helps, I like cars, gadgets in technology but the sights don't have to involve any of those.

I will definitely have a rental car and will probably bid on rooms via Priceline. I'm ok w/driving up to 150 miles away from MCO.

I glanced thru this area all the way back to the posts in 2001 already.