FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Aug 1, 2012, 1:52 pm
playbbg

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by MSP2SEA
What I liked about the new SNA benefit was that it appeared to create some transparency and accountability in the suite upgrade process... at least for 10 nights/year that were important to the guest.

Our SNA requests would be processed in an orderly manner using a centralized methodology, and we would not be subject to the whims of the front desk staff at individual properties. We would be aware of which room types qualify and which don't, and the system would be the final word.

So when I hear William say... well... "Luxury Suites" were listed as available for SNA, but they aren't REALLY standard suites (based on some information the guest doesn't have access to)... and Starwood corporate couldn't make the right thing happen because the property just didn't want to... that doesn't give me a lot of confidence. I know we're still working the kinks out of this SNA process, but at 7 months in, I would expect the process to be smoother. I also think it's reasonable to expect an answer within 48 hours of a customer service research question, without prodding or follow up emails.

Rather than dwell on this past event, I will make a suggestion for the future: Publish on the web the list of select standard suites at each property, and the count of these rooms relative to the total. Publish the upgrade priority like the airlines do. Why not? Make us better informed customers, and hold the properties accountable to the letter of the SPG program.
I think your idea of making it transparent like the Airlines do is genius. show how many of those rooms are available online and your order in the queue. that would solve MANY of these issues. It would also be nice if they documented priority (like in same-same situations, does the priority go SPG100>SPG75>SPG50>SPGplt?)