FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Funniest thing you have heard from customs upon reentering your home country?
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:30 am
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Craig6z
Not funny per se... Returning from Europe at O'Hare (lines were huge), the officer asked what I did for a living. When I gave him a twenty second overview he initated an extended series of questions how to break into that business, once he retired. He was truly interested and I can tell had thought about it in the past.

This went on for about five minutes, before he profusely thanked me for the insight and I was on my way. Felt kind of bad that with the snaking lines, the agent's personal agenda caused delays for others.
Returning to the US from Canada at one of the smaller land crossings, we spent some time chatting with an agent about our new 2006 Toyota RAV4, a model change year that included a V6 engine. His wife was interesting in buying one.

A few months later we encountered the same agent. This time he popped out of his booth to pop up the hood to see how Toyota had stuffed that big engine into that small SUV.

I was chuckling to imagine what the people lined up behind us must have thought was going on as he peered inside - maybe drugs or, even worse, Kinder Eggs.

Last edited by Fredd; Aug 1, 2012 at 10:25 am