FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:21 am
nicksname

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by flashware
It's as close as you'll get, as it seems to list any countries that may be questionable:
A) Award redemption on Virgin Atlantic is only available in economy class
B) Award redemption on Qatar Airways and Royal Jordanian is temporarily not available
C) Excludes Hawaii
D) North Asia includes China, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macau, Mongolia, S. Korea, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
E) South & Central Asia includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Chagos, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam
F) Award redemption on Hawaiian Airlines is available on inter-island and South Pacific flights only

Only other place I could suggest is reading the US DM T&C.
As I mentioned in my original post, I found this rather inadequate, as it fails to mention a large number of countries which are ambiguous in their region. There is no definition of the Middle East at all. Unfortunately the T&C's also fall short here too.

I guess asking for US to improve their award redemption programme also means that they may end up taking a closer look at some of our more "creative" award flights. Another case of having your cake and eating it too!