FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:30 am
flashware

Originally Posted by nicksname
Perhaps I was a little vague in what I meant in the earlier post. I, by no means, am geographic illiterate, but there are some areas which do not fall cleanly into the published regions. For instance, whilst Saudi Arabia clearly falls into the Middle East category, what about regions such as Tunisia, Egypt, Libya or Turkey. For argument's sake, is Libya in the Africa region or Middle East? It easily has claim to both of these regions, with the other countries mentioned also able to be placed in multiple regions. While we may know that a certain country falls into a certain region (such as IST), there is no consistency in which regions are assigned.

Another example is the case of Guam and Saipan. Whilst Guam and Saipan are roughly 100 miles apart, they are classed in vastly different regions.

Is there some chart which displays what territory/country is in what region? As mentioned in my previous post, there is obviously no reason to state that certain countries belong to certain regions (e.g. France is obviously in Europe, Nigeria is obviously in Africa).

Ah well, I guess I'll have to keep calling whenever I want to find out what place is where!
Or you could just refer to the award chart: http://www.usairways.com/pv_obj_cach...wardtravel.pdf