FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling beyond your means on miles and points
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:12 pm
used_wardrobe

Originally Posted by Apieinthesky
ADK, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. Getting 100,000 miles in a year, while significant, is not at all undoable. A simple two credit card sign up bonuses will get you there without any flying at all. While certainly impressive to the average person, we are on FT, where most of us are not average in these matters, and you should not assume such based on someone's age. I am a college student, under 20, and scored 50k miles with the UA MP card. Missed the AA Citi cards, but going on a MR later this year that will net me 25k AA miles, both without the knowledge of my parents. This isn't including any of my other flying I've done or will do. My FICO score is in the 770s (Though I will admit I'm not sure exactly why this is). I always pay off my balances in full, and often will pay for others on my CC and get reimbursed. I probably make a good income compared to the average college student, but it's likely what many of you make in a month. I absolutely love traveling and don't mind flying BIS. Who says young people can't get into the game? Especially with the Internet, it's so easy to get information.
The citi AA cards are still available - do a quick search on milebuzz - 100k AA miles available if you can meet 6k spend in 4 months - best deal out there