FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Mexico City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:18 pm
edrags

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Four Points Mexico City [Master Thread]

Mexico City's newest Starwood property opened last month. Here is the lowdown on my recent stay.

The good
- a seven story hotel with nice quality rooms, good linens, great water pressure (better than the St Regis Mexico City), a welcoming lobby with cool decorations, great service and staff

- a very convenient location close to the airport and the central historic district

- current rates are very reasonable at $100 or 3,000 points. Infinitely better value than the Maria Isabel, W or St Regis

- an amazingly vibrant neighborhood with countless new restaurants and an up and coming scene

The bad
- the interior space in the upper floors is poorly lit

- the street the hotel is on is really not that great and takes some getting used to

- most cabbies still haven't heard of this place

In my mind the goods far outweigh the bads. Your first impression, if not used to Mexico City, might be a little disappointing on a busy dirtyish street. But within an easy 15 minute walk in almost any direction you will find hundreds of AMAZING restaurants. To many critics Mexico City is the world's hottest culinary destination. Just check out the New York Times article calling MEX the world's best restaurant city.

I recommend you walk around the neighborhood and see what one of Mexico City's trendiest neighborhoods feels like. And if you feel unsafe you can always take a short cab ride.

I will be back.