FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 31, 2012, 3:33 pm
mkjr

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by spsawant
Best post so far out of the 3000+ posts. 99.99% of the people here are banking on the DOT ruling and if DOT stays silent they will just accept it. Nobody is going to file a lawsuit over the same (maybe they can go to small claims court). They are expecting it will be a repeat RGN scenario, but looks like DOT is getting wiser and although they do want to protect the consumers, they definitely don't want to put the airlines out of business. In case of RGN fares as well there was no need to rule in the favor of consumer but they still did and are now realizing that the intent of the rules they made were different than the ways they are getting applied.
agree, great post. i would never win the case since i would know full well it was an error...in fact, any error fares i see, given i know what things should and should not usually cost, i am likely to loose 100% of the battles. like the dirt cheap AA F fare on QF, the people who will win are the people who have no idea what things cost and just book it and think hey, that is a great deal...me, i would have to rely on the DOT....i have seen many mistake of fact cases that are even stronger than this be lost....and as the OP points out, people never ever keep their mouths shut about deals they get.