FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade with miles
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2012, 1:19 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by redtop43
1) From what I see on the various websites, it looks like PV is about the equivalent of domestic F. Is that true?
No it's quite different (as others mentioned, fixed shell, etc). Quite a few threads available if you need details.

2) My flight is on an A380. Does that make it less likely/impossible that I would get an upgrade opportunity?.
Not really. It's mostly a question of loads, some people received the offer on all aircraft types but you don't receive them every time.

3) Her email says "There are a limited number of seats available for this offer... we will contact you within 5 days of departure to inform you whether we were able to fill your request." With her flight being 6 days away - does this hint that if we ask, we'll get it? (Not that it matters much, since we'd find out by tomorrow.) I'd most likely upgrade her to PV.
Not particularly, the email is always sent at the same time (just after a week from the flight date). This being said, many people who have answered positively ended up getting their paid upgrade.