FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-tickets are here!
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2012, 11:04 am
GoAmtrak

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
On 2153 this morning out of BOS the FC crew had no idea how the e-ticketing would work. He was interested to see my "ticket" on my iPhone (for tomorrow's travel, I was not able to get an e-ticket for travel today), and clearly there has been ZERO training of the FC crew so they know what to expect. I mentioned that people can board with just their iPhone ticket, and he seem puzzled by that - and by the concept that he would have to get the passenger to scroll down to the small print that says first class (geez - why not put that next to the QR code) and by the fact that there will be no ticket to put in the back of the seat.
I hope you convey this experience to Customer Relations, and that AGR Insider is reading this. OBS crew tend to be rather set in their ways and this is a huge procedural change for them.

Personally, I will continue to print a physical document no matter what. I always want to have a paper record of my trips for reference and historical record. I also don't want to risk any technical glitches or damage using my iPhone (both of which I have seen play out at airports). For the same reasons, I also always print my BPs when flying, even in this era of mobile BPs.