FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E-tickets are here!
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:53 am
BeantownFlyer

On 2153 this morning out of BOS the FC crew had no idea how the e-ticketing would work. He was interested to see my "ticket" on my iPhone (for tomorrow's travel, I was not able to get an e-ticket for travel today), and clearly there has been ZERO training of the FC crew so they know what to expect. I mentioned that people can board with just their iPhone ticket, and he seem puzzled by that - and by the concept that he would have to get the passenger to scroll down to the small print that says first class (geez - why not put that next to the QR code) and by the fact that there will be no ticket to put in the back of the seat.

Another passenger said e-tickets will not be issued if a passenger uses upgrade coupons. Not sure if that was accurate, but he seemed to be speaking from experience.

I am debating whether to print and carry my paper e-tickets for travel, or to just rely on the iPhone app. Seems like it will be easier to carry the paper tickets whenever possible.

I am still interested in a clarification as to how refunds work. The website suggests that once the e-ticket is issued (immediately) you are ticketed and subject to the usual policies (i.e. no refund, only voucher unless you want to pay a 10% penalty) but if i try to cancel my e-ticket for tomorrow it suggests I will get a full refund, just like the old days before I printed the ticket.