FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice/Ideas for a road trip needed!
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:16 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Virginia Beach is way too far for a 2-day road trip from Philly. If you want beach, the southern NJ or Delaware beaches are the place to go--the weather should still be pretty good the week after Labor Day, and prices will be down (although if you want to stay overnight I would advise you to book lodging immediately).

Lancaster County and/or Gettysburg would be great places to hit, particularly with a child, if you have a Philly home base. You can do Lancaster on Saturday (most things are closed there on Sunday) and continue on to do Gettysburg the next day, if you want. It's about a 2.5-hour drive from Gettysburg back to Philly.
^ Virginia Beach is quite a drive from Philly, as is Williamsburg. I second the Lancaster County/Gettysburg suggestions. You could also stop at the Harley Davidson factory for a tour, if you'll be in the area during the week. If you're interested in chocolate, you can swing up to Hershey, to Hershey's Chocolate World.

That said, if you're up for meeting an FT'er while you're in the area, let me know. It might give jackal and I an excuse to finally get together after we've kept postponing it.