FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:19 am
jrmstr33

Visited Bangkok earlier this month and wanted to share my experience with Alex @ Tailor on Ten..

Went out seeking a bespoke suit that I could wear multiple times a week.. From this thread and my extensive research I narrowed it down to Tailor on Ten and Empire Tailors. I had a very short window for the suit to be made as I arrived on a Sunday morning and was leaving on a Wednesday morning.

Did a bunch of sightseeing around town on Monday and I had just about given up hope, but decided to give ToT a call at 3pm on Monday just to see what they'd say. Spoke with Alex on the phone and right off the bat he told me he would have to check with his team first. Called me back in 15 mins as promised and set proper expectations with me. He said I might not get the perfect fit I was seeking but it would probably be close. I appreciated his honesty and decided to give it a shot.

I ran over (two stops on the BTS to Nana station) and was getting fitted 20 minutes later. Note: the location is about an avenue and a half from the BTS station. Not a bad walk as it's pretty much a straight shot from the BTS station. Came back on Tuesday at 3:30pm to have my first fitting. Luckily, it wasn't too far off... Pants were spot on, but there were several adjustments needed to be made on the jacket. Had dinner nearby, dropped the wife off back at the hotel and came back around 7pm for fitting #2. Had it very close (95%).. Alex was kind enough to let me use his wi-fi to take a conference call, and by the time I was done, so was my suit!

I must say, the entire process was a bit intimidating to me at first, being that this was my first bespoke suit.. But Alex and his team made me comfortable from start to finish. He didn't promise the world (which I really appreciated) and gave me solid advice along the way.

I've worn the suit at least five times since I've returned to the US and I love the fit. Definitely will be going back to Alex and Tailor on Ten in the future!