FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: 10 Suite Night Awards (SNAs) for Plats with 50 nights in calendar year
Old Jul 30, 2012, 3:31 pm
MSP2SEA

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MSP2SEA
So, I'm to understand from this thread that, if a given room type is for sale, an SNA should go through for it at the 5 day window?

Just got my "non-confirmation" email from St Regis Mexico City (7/27 - 7/29), went online and both Executive Suite and Luxury Suite are available for purchase.

This is a technical issue? Or I misunderstand? Please advise. Anniversary trip, so I actually care about it this time. Thanks.
Following up on this... my experience:

Selected 4 room types for SNA upgrade (Luxury Suite and Executive Suite, smoking and non-smoking versions) at St Regis Mexico City.

+5 day mark: Received a "we're working on it" non-upgrade email. All "standard suite" room types were available for booking (Luxury Suite and Executive Suite). Emailed spgchampion as suggested here, and received confirmation that they had sent it on to tech team for review.

+1 day mark (morning): All room types available. Having heard nothing further from spgchampion, I emailed to ask status. William responded that the tech team had found that this was a technical problem, but it was too late to fix. I would get my SNAs back, and I could either A) tell him my room preference and he would attempt to intercede w/ hotel and then SNAs would be taken out from my account manually, or B) take my chances with the usual upgrade routine. I told William I would prefer Luxury suite, otherwise would take my chances on normal upgrade process. William responded that hotel had slotted me into an Executive Suite, the lower of the two room types, and he would deduct my SNAs manually.

Check in. Still all room types available for purchase, but no one willing to give me the full upgrade to Luxury Suite... for no valid reason. I asked William if this was the way the SNAs worked... that the hotel had discretion between the different types of standard suites I had chosen. He said "No" if the system had worked correctly, I should have received the better room type, but in this case he was apparently unable to enforce this rule outside the system.

I'm a bit underwhelmed with William's final response, as it seems that the tech team was not working with any urgency to address my issues in a timely manner, and I'm still not clear on why the hotel would not comply with the terms of the program appropriately in the case of a system error.

Overall have had good experience w/ the SNA upgrades... this was the first "problem" I've had in applying these awards. ... and in this case I did receive one of the room types I had originally requested. So, no big issues... just advice to stay on top of things if you run into these errors, otherwise you could end up with a "compromise" solution, as I did.