FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about credit inquiries (pulls)
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:56 pm
AlohaDaveKennedy

Programs: Several dozen
What can I say? Sometimes you game the system and sometimes it games you back!

Originally Posted by boundless_maverick
Moderators- please move this thread if this isn't the right forum for it.

I wanted to share my situation to make others aware of it and also get some suggestions. In my last App-o-rama in April, I had applied for Citi HH cards as well. Bad luck/timing that apps for Citi didn't get filled properly and were submitted one day late than others. Citi saw multiple pulls on experian (that's what they use in WA) and decline apps. I have been with Citi for a while with good credit scores (750+). I sent the reconsideration mail to Exec office and received a mail from Citi stating that they would like to reconsider my apps but wanted me to submit recent copy of experian. I went ahead and submitted it.

Now, I see Citi doing new inquiry check on Experian yesterday (i have identityguard service) and I received a notice from Citi that my application (atleast one of the two i believe) was approved. While I am happy about approval, i think they have messed up my app-o-rama schedule by doing this out of turn inquiry after i submitted the experian report.

Is it common for this to happen? Any suggestions- should i just take it as lesson and let it go given i can't do anything in this situation.