FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons Westlake Village
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:08 am
beta1607

Programs: SPG GOLD
I had to attend a wedding in Malibu last weekend and found most of the local hotels unacceptable so I decided to give the FS Westlake Village a try.

Booked a great rate through FHR, including $100 spa credit and $68 breakfast credit. I arrived at 10AM in advance of an early spa treatment and my room was ready. Was upgraded to the next category of room and 4PM late checkout offered and accepted.

I had a few issues booking my spa treatment, first the hotel didn't have a record of my online request when I called to confirm a few days later despite getting an email from the hotel that they received my request then they actually doubled booked but everything was resolved quickly and the manager seemed genuinely sorry for the confusion.

This is a great property for Southern Californians looking for a relaxing weekend getaway or for anyone who needs to be in the Westlake/Calabasas/Malibu area.

Things to note:
- Manicures and pedicure are done through the Yamaguchi salon and not eligible for the spa credit.
- Bathroom in deluxe room is huge with separate shower and tub.
- L'Occitane bath products in room
- There is an adults only pool just outside the spa area
- Complimentary access to spa facilities (locker, sauna, steam room, gym etc) if not getting a spa treatment
- Hotel was near capacity but spa facilities and adults only pool never felt busy.
-Food and drink service at the pool was attentative and complimentary mochi ice creams and smoothie shots were occasionally given out.
-Without traffic hotel is only 20 minutes from PCH in Malibu but was told with traffic it can take upwards of an hour
-Was quoted 50 minute wait time for room service breakfast due to hotel being near capacity but food was still delivered within 30 minutes of ordering
-Hotel grounds and gardens are stunning and peaceful, we easily spent 2 hours walking around and enjoying views.

Last edited by beta1607; Jul 31, 2012 at 9:03 am Reason: Edited to take our incorrect information about FSPP benefits