FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange drinks service LAS-LHR in WT
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2012, 6:49 am
britbronco22

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by albpenny
Hello All

My brother and his wife flew back from their honeymoon last week, LAS-LHR in WT. During the flight when the lights were off, my Sister-in-Law asked for a glass of water and an apple juice, which she duly received. She then asked for a glass of water for my brother, who was asleep. The CC refused, and said that the drinks she had had were all that she was getting and nothing else was available.

Now, i could understand if it was her 20th gin that she was asking for - but it was water for my brother?! and neither of them had been drinking on the flight?

I am really quite annoyed about it (yes, possibly irrationally) and in the end, my sis-in-law gave her water to my bro. I can't understand why the CC refused water (or for that matter, any soft drink) to a passenger?!

We don't usually complain about things, but I feel that they should here, as in my mind that service is unacceptable without good reason.

I would be interested to know if any FTers agree or know of any reason why water would be refused?

Thanks!
From the reply of the CC, it sounds like they misheard the request and thought it was for some alcohol. I can't imagine they would ever refuse water!
There is normally water & juice available in the galley for the duration of the flight, didn't your sister-in-law look there?