FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa {SYC}
Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:42 pm
chutchins

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
Originally Posted by TDGooldy
Planning on celebrating our anniversary here this October for 7-8 nights. A couple of quick questions for those who have been there:

1) As an HHonors Gold what benefits can we expect? Complimentary breakfast and is it a full breakfast?
2) Any chance of getting an upgrade to one of the Pool Villas (either the Hillside or Beachfront)?
3) Related to food costs. Is it possible to bring in a cooler bag/box of food (i.e. lunch meats etc..). This was recommended to us by another FTer for the Hilton Resort at Cabo and saved us a lot on meals there onsite. If so, is there a convenient and reasonable place on Mare to buy groceries? What is the luggage allowance on the ferry over to Silhouette? Is there a fridge in the rooms?

Thanks for the help!
1) Yes, full breakfast. It's a great buffet with tons of hot/cold options + egg/omelet station

2) I tried during a time with 60% occupancy and went from hillside to beachfront, but couldn't get upgraded to a pool villa. However, I was happier with the beachfront standard villa than I would have been with a hillside pool villa.

3) You could do this, and there's a few shops you could stop at along the road from the airport to the jetty. There is a fridge in the room, but it's also the mini fridge, so there isn't THAT much extra space. There was no restrictions on luggage on the ferry, some people even had 3-4 pieces per person.