FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it mad in london?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:50 pm
koshka

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
We've just had a really nice day around town. Started with our 4 year old at the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden. Both the shops and the museum were very quiet by Saturday standards.

Had lunch in a theatre restaurant off Drury Lane which according to my aunt was the quietest that she's ever seen it. Walked down to the Embankment and queued about 20 minutes to catch a river boat down to Tower Bridge. Nice views of the rings hanging from the bridge. Finished with a walk past the Tower of London, then across Tower Bridge to sit in the field next to the GLA building. Free music and short films in a pretty relaxed atmosphere and there was room to sit on the grass. Plenty of people around on the South Bank as we headed towards London Bridge but no worse than any other Saturday. The bus we got back through Islington and Hackney didn't encounter any more traffic than a normal Saturday either.

If you've got kids then trying to locate the very individual Wenlock and Mandeville mascots is fun. I think we saw about 10 on our wanders with Somerset House and the Beefeater our favourites.

Off to the basketball tomorrow night so it will be interesting to see how busy Stratford is compared to when I work there. Guessing next week could be more manic once the athletics gets going. A cab company that I deal with for work is actually predicting that the highest levels of congestion will occur during the three days after the games finish as everyone will head off at the same time.