FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:29 pm
gwar69

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
I have a reservation that includes LX53 BOS-ZRH in C. They just canceled that flight on 12/24. Of course US hasn't contacted me about this, but that's besides the point. The only LX flight into ZRH with open seats is from MIA. However nothing from PHL-MIA is open. I would like to take LX15 from JFK-ZRH instead. Has anybody had any luck getting US to either open up space on their own flights (here PHL-MIA) or contacting LX to open up space(JFK-ZRH)?

When I tried calling last night, I was told they would not call LX to try to get inventory opened up. She just wanted to route me on PHL-MUC-ZRH, with the first leg on US. As I have a separate paid reservation on KL from ZRH-AMS, I really don't want to connect in Europe to ZRH, for fear of my KL ticket getting canceled.

I could take AC from YYZ-ZRH or LX from JFK-GVA-ZRH, but I don't like those options. Any chance I get them to change my stopover from ZRH to AMS? Thoughts?