FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mouthy flight attendant refused to give her name
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:55 am
CurbedEnthusiasm

Originally Posted by reddirt14
First off, being 1K means nothing to UA. So the mere fact her brother was a 1K means any less. She seemed to be really yanking the FA's chain on that one. And asking for her name seems like a further yank to me. I never can understand what the issue is with shutting off phones and computers. Everyone has to be plugged in until the last second. You are sitting on a plane, you know you are departing. Okay so the plane is delayed...how about this approach - I'll text you if we are delayed otherwise expect me there. Or take a cab when you get there and let the poor sap on the other end go to bed.

I'd say just get over it. There are bigger problems to deal with and this seems more a passenger problem than the FAs.
Yanking the FA's chain? Wow, UA pax must be very well behaved. I've seen and heard obnoxious pax give far more than a smirk to a FA, yet the FA has still managed to maintain professional behavior. I'm sure most FAs have dealt with far worse than a smirk. Not unreasonable to want to send a last minute text to your ride that the captain has just announced a new hour-plus delay.