FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAs Official Response to HKG Ticketing/IT Error: Redeem @ Correct Amount or Redeposit
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:15 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superguy
I don't know about that. Many fares are published by the airlines, stating what a normal fare is for a given route at a period of time. These may change frequently, but they ARE published for public consumption.

If there's a mistake in the system and it sells a ticket for $1 that would normally go for $200, it doesn't mean that the carrier can go back and ask for the difference if it ticketed it at $1.
what if all along the price was being shown as $9,000 and taxes etc were $101 and when you got to the checkout page it shows $9,000 + $101 = $1 Its obvious there isnt any Special Fare and its a Billing Error

in the Mistake fares till now I believe that Fare all along was wrong and thats why the DoT says after the fact you cant go back and raise it once its been tkted. In the above ex the fare was always the correct amount till it added it all up but yet it still showed as a $9,000 Fare I wouldnt be surprised if the DoT allowed that $9,000 being billed as $1 to be CXed

with RGN (not in on it) the Fare stayed the same and never changed the Exchange rate is what changed causing the fare to workout in US$ to be nothing, so since they charged the amount they said they would DoT stepped in and made them honor the tkts It really wasnt a Mistake Fare as it was a mistake in currency exchange