FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maestro's Europe Trip - Newbie here.. Please be Patient
Old Jul 25, 2012, 2:32 am
teflon

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by exbayern
From one of the various event emails I received (they are really stepping up the pace, although I don't bother to read the ones from TfL etc anymore):

(I just posted that bit but there was more about the usual transport cautions similar to the Boris/TfL emails.

It doesn't sound very conducive to bringing small children to the events with those restrictions, as many of us cautioned way back at the start of thread. Hopefully OP is well aware of these details and has planned ahead for how to deal with small children and potential hot weather (HAH!) and long queues.

There is also a contradictory statement regarding food in that email so it isn't really clear if permitted or not.
I wouldn't absolutely warn against small kids going, but do be prepared for what it'll be like inside the grounds.

The Olympic Park is big. Very big. Hopefully that means that it won't feel too crowded once it's open, but it does mean you may have to walk long distances once to get to your venue.

It takes around half an hour to get from the Basketball Arena to the Stratford Gate - and that's without thousands of people getting in the way! There's also not a great deal of shelter (from rain or sun), so bear that in mind when planning what you're bringing for the day.

A local blogger was at the Opening Ceremony rehearsal on Monday, and has some other hints and tips from a spectator's point of view, including food and drink prices:
http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/...62522031089518