FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)
View Single Post
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:55 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gallen5555
I read the rules on Delta web site for the Sky Lounge and I think the answer is no but would like to throw this out:

I am flying in Business class (I fare) from SFO-Yul (montreal, candada) with a transfer in DTW (Detroit). The second leg is in economy since it is a regional jet with only one class. Would I be able to access the Sky Lounge in DTW?
The answer is no. I think the language is pretty clear. "In order to qualify for Club access, the customer must be confirmed in the premium (first or business class) cabin for the international segment of their itinerary." They don't grant exceptions just because the aircraft doesn't have a first class section.

Your SFO-DTW flight was sold as a Business fare only because you are on flight 236 which has an international continuation flight (on a different aircraft) from DTW-FCO. Your SFO-DTW flight actually has a regular domestic FC cabin and domestic FC service. Simply having a Business fare does not grant you lounge access. The only domestic Business fare flights that grant lounge access are the non-stop transcon flights to/from JFK.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 24, 2012 at 5:10 pm