FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is your experience of Thai ROP Platinum?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:42 pm
BKKROP

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I have been a Platinum member for almost five months now and, to date, have had only one "enhanced recognition experience?
Say good morning to the CSM as you board the plane, sometimes they are shy or quiet, try doing this for a week or two, this will change things as far as recognition is concerned, you soon get to know them and they get to know you and they never forget you.. Reading the post I would say that Plat is not going to make a world of difference to your flying, but it does for those outside of the Kingdom. Most plats were big time Gold card flyers, they were not flying Thai because they loved them, it was just commonsense to use them because of commitments in Thailand and neighbouring countries. An Australia to China ticket which so many buy twice a month, returns a staggering volume of miles each year. All the extra perks we had worked out a long time ago, we were getting return upgrades for every 50K, years ago but the use of the lounge, the spa, the checkins and the cheap purchase of awards for friends are the main features. I wouldn't hang on a phone for more than 30sec, you should get to know one or two operators who will look after you.

I think flying with other airlines makes you can either appreciate or understand more about TG. In most cases you will find that the other carriers have better aircrafts fancier food and better looking FAs, yet they do not look after you on the ground. TG offices are their greatest benefits for plats. the offices in Australia Indonesia hong Kong and Vietnam are exceptional. The main perk with Thai Airways is with all the flying 200k-300k flyers are doing, they ensure there are minimal problems, picking up the phone and being on a plane within hours is worthy of gong, changing tickets and sorting out awards is a nightmare, they seem to relish all that.

Many find that TG are happy to do things for us, it is in the Thai nature to help, which in our many culture has been forgotten. In Bangkok to arrive, have a massage and shower and be plonked back into another plane within the hour is doable, nowhere else is it. Most other places in my travels, if I asked someone to run across the road and pay 700baht for me they would laugh, or to walk with you from checkin to the plane, just in case there is a problem, get a life they would say.

Last edited by BKKROP; Jul 24, 2012 at 6:39 pm