FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hawaii Interisland using miles? HNL-KOA
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2012, 8:31 pm
GRALISTAIR
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by vrichard
Although I've never (well, almost never) taken a flight on Delta, I have some Skypesos rolled over from NW and from an Amex card, so I thought I might use some up flying Interisland HNL-KOA....

But, it seems like it's not possible? I can see award travel availability using Hawaiian Miles (7,500 each way), or using United miles (5,000 miles each way) on the dates I want, but no availability with Delta miles.

If I call Delta, they will see some availability, but then when they try and book it they tell me it says "Itinerary not available using Sky Miles" - it appears that the res agent's system is telling them that a DELTA CODESHARE operated by HA has award availability, but then can't be booked when they put in my Skymiles #. I think the problem is the miles need to be used for a HA flight operated by HA not a codeshare? Or, is it just not possible to use miles for HA flights even though it shows as partner as interisland is in the award chart?

TIA!
Perhaps not what you wanted to hear or indeed asked, but I consider use of Skymiles and even Skypesos to redeem on HA inter-islands flights as very poor value and use of miles.