FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Jul 23, 2012, 3:22 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Liar
so I am planning on using 90k for a I ticket from aus to pvg in feb 2013. early feb. last night the spirit of FT visted me and said to me, I am wasting the miles if I don't use the allowed stopover

so I was looking at where I can stop and maybe toronto on AC since I have relatives there.

Where would you suggest as a good stopover for a family to visit? and not too crazy so I can actually book it :P

Thanks
Australia to Shanghai? You could stopover in SIN, BKK, ICN. Or if you make shanghai the stopover, you could make somewhere like Tokyo the destination (stopping in Shanghai on the way there or back - so you could do SYD-SIN-NRT-PVG-SIN-SYD)

I would highly doubt they'd let you route via USA/Canada to get to asia. Even if they did, no stopover because not on the most direct routing.

If you want to travel with a family... then probably TG via BKK will have the availability you need.