FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (consolidated 2012-2014)
Old Jul 23, 2012, 10:43 am
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ashill
Well, these A321s will be 30% premium (30/102) instead of 24% on 762s (40/168). With only 35% of the plane (36/102) being regular economy, I would think that EXPs would be in at least MCE most of the time, unless AA is incredibly successful in filling the plane with expensive fares.
AA is also going to have to increase frequency, or else they're coughing up around 1000 seats/daily to B6/DL/UA/VX.

Yes, I know, AA is going for premium pax. Well, as a completely non-scientific experiment, go look up how many AA flights are available on SAAver F award this week, JFK-LAX, and compare to how many AA flights are available on SAAver award JFK-LHR this week. AA doesn't sell all their AFS F, not even close. Maybe improving the product will increase demand, but if it doesn't and AA isn't going to increase frequency, that's a lot of real estate to have sitting empty.

It will be interesting to see if this works... I'd also have to wonder if the 321neo will also fly some select JFK-Europe markets in this configuration, when those deliveries show up down the road.