FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Airlines discount code?
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:18 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dcline414
Thanks for the info... I did a google search for delta Marriott discount and it found several FT hits (maybe just multiple pages in the same thread) and that's why I asked here.

I've never used a corporate code except for one I negotiated with a single property, and the codes listed in the sticky didn't seem to work anywhere. I was reviewing the terms on the Marriott app, so perhaps it doesn't include the full terms and conditions.

I guess the corporate code thing is one I'll continue to pass on unless I get a promo email with a code intended for me.
Yup, google can bring up a lot of stuff Although oftentimes those show "i.d. required", so it's up to each person that might use a corp code to decide if they want to take a chance on being asked for it.

If you want to try & see the full rate rules, try going to the website vs. mobile. I've never accessed mobile, so I'm not sure what it brings up. But you'd think they'd put the rate rules in on the mobile site. Wouldn't be fair to customers to find out there was some type of restriction (ie, cancel 2 weeks in advance) that they didn't know about, simply because they accessed mobile vs. full website.

Check the rate rules. If it doesn't say id required, you have a better chance of making your case that you thought it was for Delta Medallion vs. Delta employee. Make sure you have a copy of the rate rules w/ you when you check in (and just in case, have a back-up ressie). You might try calling the ressie dept & ask them to look at it. If they say in their records it says employees then you'll know, but if they say it doesn't actually state that, again you have back-up when checking in.

One time I was plugging in (publicly available) codes at the LHR Renaissance. LPR brought up one that was 50GBP. It said 'corp rate'. I called Marriott & said "which corporation". They looked at it & said it doesn't say. If you've got a business card, that will probably work. I wasn't asked & we think it was just a local promotion rate that that property offered. LPR at the property often brings up different promos/rates, depending on the season.

Cheers.