FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Airlines discount code?
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2012, 7:42 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by dcline414
Sorry, I didn't realize that is supposed to be a proprietary code. It came up in multiple threads in the Marriott forum. The mods may want to search and edit a few other threads/posts if that code isn't supposed to be public, as I found it here on FT...
I did a search since I happened to see the code before it was deleted. It was listed in one post on a multi-page thread 7 years ago. Not several threads, & certainly nothing recent.

Obviously someone who is actually entitled to use the code would already know it. Otherwise someone would have to do a search on discount codes in the forum to pull anything up, which is my guess on what you did.

BTW - publicly available codes are ok to post in the appropriate forum, but the mod will usually delete proprietary codes.

Getting back to your original question:

As I mentioned before, when I plugged the code into cities where the company has a presence, the rate rules state you need to be prepared to show i.d. when checking in.

Please be prepared to show proof of eligibility for your rate (such as a membership card, corporate or government identification card, or proof of your age).

BTW - when they say membership card, they're talking AAA, AARP, ENT, not Delta Medallion.

If you found a property that didn't have that in the rules, I'd run it by Marriott ressies to get a confirmation that you're ok, or print out the rate rules to bolster your case & also have a back-up ressie in case your argument doesn't hold sway w/ the front desk.

I think certain rates like the government rate & airline rates the hotels check more for id than others.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jul 22, 2012 at 8:18 pm